27 weeks and a Goliath

I went to Zumba class on Monday and the baby was not really having it. I was getting some pain in my lower right abdomen, so I did half a class trying to do really low impact stuff but the pain got a little worse so I left.
I went for a slow walk on the treadmill but the pain was still there. I walked for about 15 minutes and then went and lifted some weights. That seemed to help as I was mostly doing arms (tris, bis, shoulders) and back. I didn't want to over do it since I wasn't sure what the pain was so I went home to rest. The pain on my lower abdomen felt like round ligament pain, but stronger. I'm still not sure what it was but I'll keep that in mind for my appointment with the OBGYN next week.

The rest of the week was uneventful with school and work. On Thursday, Hector went to stay at the hotel in Miami where his P.E. exam was going to be held the next day. I wrote him a little letter with Bible verses about victory, and had my mom and nephew write him some encouraging words too. Hector's love language is gifts so I though a little something tangible to take with him would be nice.

Friday was E-day so I texted him bright and early to encourage him and make sure he was up and ready and sure enough, he had been ready since 6:30am. My little early rising, hard working bee. By the time he was taking his exam, i was already at the office and OF COURSE when he had the long break in between sessions, I had a client and we were not able to talk on the phone. I was so sad to come back to my desk to find 2 missed calls from him and a text message saying "Just wanted to talk to you on my break, I gotta get back in to the exam now". Ugh, I felt terrible.

By night time, he was back home and it was a triumphant return! He said he felt way more confident this time around and like he had used his time more efficiently. So now we wait. We won't know the results for a couple of months, but at least for now we can enjoy more quality time to spend together.

Saturday morning came around and it was WATER PARK DAY! If there's one thing you need to know about me, it's that I love water parks. I was super excited! We had been planning for a few weeks to go to Rapids Water Park to celebrate my nephew's birthday early (since they close it down at the end of October) and Hector being done with studying. Turns out, my car has been having issues for a while so we woke up very early to go drop it off at the shop. As these things usually happen, Hector and I got into a very big fight, like fight all the way back home and keep fighting once we parked in front of our house and then get out of the car to keep fighting IN FRONT OF A BIG GROUP OF JUDGY JEHOVA'S WITNESSES WHO KEPT STARING AND ASKING IF WE NEEDED ANYTHING. Ugh. I hate scenes and causing scenes and that was just NOT how I wanted to spend my Saturday morning.

After things calmed down a bit, we started getting ready for the park and made breakfast for the kids (my nephew's friend was going with us) and as soon as we got in the car, Hector broke out in a terrible skin rash. He's been having that issue for about a month now, I think it's stress related because it started getting worse the closer we got to his exam date. Since he breaks out and gets uncomfortable in the heat, he decided not to go to the park. I took the kids by myself and we had a good time EXCEPT for the fact that I barely was able to ride anything fun :( I figured I might go down a slide or 2 but when I got close to them and would see how high they were or how many twists and turns they had, I would back out because I don't want to do anything that could hurt the baby. I did ride the lazy river a couple of times and went in the wave pool. I was so tired after a full day of water park that I just laid down the rest of the night and didn't even attempt to go to our church's park day on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top